FORUMS: list search recent posts

Update text and image from database

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anna Albert
Update text and image from database
on Sep 19, 2014 at 12:48:25 pm

Hi guys,

I need a solution to update my text and image data in a project from a spreadsheet or database.
I have an Ae CC project composed from several comps containing text and image layers (over 70 comps and precomps).
I have to replace all of them manually, whenever I need to update the data in the project.
I found CompsFromSpreadsheet 4 on aescripts.com, however this creates new comps every time I run the script. Consequently, my project is getting extremely large and unusable. After updating the data I need to fit the animation part to an audio, which needs to be done manually.
Does anyone know a script or a solution that can simplify my work flow?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Cheers,
Anna

Return to posts index

Arie Stavchansky
Re: Update text and image from database
on Jan 28, 2015 at 6:54:43 pm

Hi Anna,

Should have answered this much sooner, but you can check out Templater from Dataclay. It essentially makes footage, text, and solid layers into dynamic elements. It does have a feature where you can replicate comps, but that's not necessary. It works with Google spreadsheets or with local tab-delimited files. Check out its product page on aescripts, and for more details check out its documentation. You can download a free trial.

Best,
Arie

Arie Stavchansky | Demo Reel | Portfolio of Creative Work | Blog

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]