FORUMS: list search recent posts

Control shapes contents (Group 1 -35) scale with slider

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Warren Willmott
Control shapes contents (Group 1 -35) scale with slider
on Sep 15, 2014 at 5:24:07 pm

Okay so this is my first post so please excuse my AE language.

I basically have close to 300 circle shapes that I need to scale up together, so essentially they each need to scale up and down together.

I would imagine a slider would be the best way forward.

The problem is there is alot of layers so it will extremely painful trying to link each layer to the slider.

So the best solution that I can think of is telling the null(with the slider) to scale shape>content>group 1-250

I apologise I have been using AE for a few years but only recently started getting into expressions

Hopefully that makes sense

Return to posts index

Dan Ebberts
Re: Control shapes contents (Group 1 -35) scale with slider
on Sep 15, 2014 at 5:35:16 pm
Last Edited By Dan Ebberts on Sep 15, 2014 at 5:45:01 pm

Expressions don't work that way. An expression can't change anything except the value of the property hosting the expression (the slider, in this case). Each of your circles is going to need an expression referencing the slider. You could do it with a script, but that might not save you any time if this is a one-off.

Dan

Return to posts index

Warren Willmott
on Sep 15, 2014 at 5:50:13 pm

Thanks for quick reply Dan, is not possible then to scale the group of shapes without going into each shapes transform> scale?

Its just there is so many shapes and it will be easier to control with one layer

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
on Sep 15, 2014 at 7:26:30 pm

you can write the expression for one circle, then select the scale property of that circle, choose edit>copy expression only, and then select the other 299 circles and choose paste. then all the circles will have the same expression.

all you need to do is have the slider on a 'non-circle' layer, like a null layer.

Kevin Camp
Art Director
KCPQ, KZJO & KRCW

Return to posts index

Warren Willmott
on Sep 16, 2014 at 5:17:14 am

Thanks Kevin thats exactly what I was needing, LEGEND!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]