FORUMS: list search recent posts

Precomp and Expressions Problems/ Breaking when Keyframing

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kyle Griffin
Precomp and Expressions Problems/ Breaking when Keyframing
on Jun 19, 2014 at 7:58:16 pm

Hi,

My fist post here so please excuse me if it is incorrectly formatted.

I am having a problem linking Null Object Controllers to precomps in my character rigs.

Here is my setup.

I have a character that I controlling his eyelids to make blink. He eye lids are in a composition for his head. His head is in the master character composition.
The Null object to control the position of the eye lids are in the master composition.

I have parented the position values of the eyelids inside the HEAD PRECOMP to the Null object's position in the MASTER CHARACTER COMP.

Everything works fine until I try to keyframe the Null object where the animation no longer shows. I can see the null object moving but his eyelids do not close.

It seems to be random as well. It works for his hands slider which is the position of a null parented to the time remap of his hands pre comp.

I have no idea why this is happening and suddenly breaks the animations of my characters.

It is the same with trying to animate the position of his pupils as well.

So strange.

My workaround which is frustrating is to bring all of the assets in to the master character comp and use the same method to control the eyes and eyelids and it works when everything is in the same comp.

comp("Professional Guy 1").layer("C_EYELIDS").transform.position

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]