FORUMS: list search recent posts

variable time offset

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kristian Andresen
variable time offset
on Apr 3, 2014 at 7:48:30 am

Hey there,
i'm trying to animate a "stomp" effect that is connected to a sound-layer. There are 6 rectangles wich should scale to 10% in y-axis over a second and scale back to 100% some what faster and reach 100% exactly on the beat. On the first beat this applies only to the first shape, on the second beat only to the second shape and so on.
I managed to create a beat count with Dan Ebberts Method here: http://www.motionscript.com/design-guide/audio-count.html and linked it to the shape scale.
To have the animation end on the beat i will simply move the beat count layer x-frames towards the start.
what i didn't manage is to scale the shapes over time. My approach was to use a null-layer with the scale values in a slider, starting at the beginning of the comp. With something like "valuesAtTime(time-(duration from in Point to beat))" i want to access the values of the slider, but i could not figure out how to get this "duration from inPoint to beat"!

or in short: how can i store the Time of an event in a "static" variable ("static" in a way that it does not change with "time" )

Any help would be apreciated!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]