FORUMS: list search recent posts

AE Expression to link X and Y positions (Element 3D Plugin)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Cruzem
AE Expression to link X and Y positions (Element 3D Plugin)
on Sep 6, 2013 at 8:20:01 am

Hi guys,

I'm pretty new to after effects, and have been using it for a couple of months now. I've started using the plugin element 3D 3 weeks ago and still finding my way around. I did a project for a client using element3d to animate a globe/world with popping country markers as it shows one country after another. the globe revolves, a country marker pops up and stays and the globe moves on to the next country. Now my question is, since the globe is (stationary) but revolving to show the countries, these markers have to be in the exact position when the globe revolves to the next country, the markers are animated and 2d layer but the globe is 3d since it uses the element3D plugin. Is here a way for the markers position x,y, to follow the globes position x,y,z? thanks a lot in advance!

Return to posts index

Jason Jantzen
Re: AE Expression to link X and Y positions (Element 3D Plugin)
on Sep 8, 2013 at 12:01:00 am

You can create a World position null under the utilities menu in the World transform menu. I would link whatever you want to follow your globe to that null and you should be fine. Just make sure that whatever you link to your world transform null is in the same space as your Element stuff. So if you're group is 1000 pixels away in z space, but your world transform is at 0, anything linked to the world transform null won't line up. Does that make sense?

Jason Jantzen
vimeo.com/jasonj

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]