FORUMS: list search recent posts

Saving expressions as presets

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Green
Saving expressions as presets
on Jul 11, 2013 at 7:37:06 am

Is there an easy way to save expressions as presets within After Effects? What I'm doing at the moment is keeping a text document with all of my expressions in where I copy and paste my expressions from, but there must be an easier way to access them through After Effects, mustn't there?

Creative Multimedia, Video, Motion, VFX and Design Productions

Return to posts index

Xavier Gomez
Re: Saving expressions as presets
on Jul 11, 2013 at 10:05:49 am

Hello,
i don't think there is anything designed for this within AE but there are some scripts that allow to save and sort expressions. I won't give you a name because i think there are several (not sure) and i don't know all of them. Have a look at aescripts.com., category After Effects / Expressions.

Xavier

Return to posts index

Scott Green
on Jul 11, 2013 at 10:56:02 am

Thanks for that, I'll take a look now.

Creative Multimedia, Video, Motion, VFX and Design Productions

Return to posts index

Scott Green
on Jul 11, 2013 at 11:45:13 am

No luck, I typed 'Save Expressions' in the search but didn't find anything useful. I guess I'll keep searching, sure there'll be something buried somewhere in there.

Creative Multimedia, Video Production, Motion Graphics, VFX and Graphic Design by Splurj Creative Multimedia

Return to posts index

Mitch Mann
on Jul 11, 2013 at 11:50:35 am

Sure you can. Check out the thread a few threads back called "Both in and out" in which an expression is saved as part of a preset.

Return to posts index

Scott Green
on Jul 11, 2013 at 12:07:51 pm

Works for me, thanks very much :)

Creative Multimedia, Video Production, Motion Graphics, VFX and Graphic Design by Splurj Creative Multimedia

Return to posts index

Scott Green
on Jul 11, 2013 at 12:09:39 pm

That'll sure save me some time opening my text doc and scrolling through all the expressions I've got saved in there.

Do you think anyone has saved any presets anywhere with all of their expressions that they've got for other people to use? That might be worth searching for.

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Jul 13, 2013 at 2:11:37 am

As others have already indicated, you can save and apply expressions as part of animation presets.

In fact, all of the animation presets in After Effects in the Behaviors category are essentially just expressions.

There's more about saving animation presets here.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]