FORUMS: list search recent posts

Text expression to go quicker over time

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Caleb Sandoval
Text expression to go quicker over time
on Jul 9, 2013 at 11:12:08 pm

I am trying to change the speed from one point in time to another for the quiver text expression. I clicked the stopwatch but it brings up a yellow box. i tried changing the axis and the wiggles/second from the two places in time I wanted it to occur but it is not changing over time. It simply stays the same and changes when it arrives to the second yellow box.

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: Text expression to go quicker over time
on Jul 10, 2013 at 5:56:48 am

The "yellow boxes" that you're referring to are keyframes.

I strongly recommend that you start here to learn After Effects: http://adobe.ly/bjBT3P

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Mitch Mann
on Jul 10, 2013 at 2:50:47 pm

Not sure I understand exactly what you're saying, but if you do the animation in a preComp, then you could simply use time remap to increase the speed over time in the main comp.

Return to posts index

Caleb Sandoval
on Jul 10, 2013 at 4:53:11 pm

right i understood that, but usually my keyframes are usually diamonds. I thought that there was a reason why it was a box instead of a diamond this time. maybe the reason I couldn't get it to do what i needed it to

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Jul 10, 2013 at 5:03:34 pm

See this page for the various keyframe types, including Hold keyframes.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]