FORUMS: list search recent posts

TextDocument object's "Leading" Property?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy Kreutzberg
TextDocument object's "Leading" Property?
on May 8, 2013 at 3:05:26 pm

Hello all,

this is probably an easy scripting thing but i can't get this one to work no matter what i tried:

In a script, all parameters for characters in a text layer seem to be adjustable by the TextDocument object, except the Leading parameter. This parameter is not listed in the AE scripting guide. But why? And how can i change this value with a script?

I tried this:

textDocument2.leading = 40;

which just returns "auto" inside of after effects, no matter what value i give it, but at the same time it does not seem to fail to recognise the property because the script continues after this line.

Is there a dependancy on another value maybe or am i just using the wrong property? All other values (font size, tracking, etc) work as they should.

Return to posts index

Dan Ebberts
Re: TextDocument object's "Leading" Property?
on May 8, 2013 at 3:11:31 pm

Leading is not accessible to scripting. The fact that your script continues without error probably just means that it has appeneded its own, non-functional leading attribute to your textDocument2 object (just a guess).

Dan

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: TextDocument object's "Leading" Property?
on May 8, 2013 at 3:58:09 pm

If you want leading access in scripting, you should submit a feature request:
http://www.adobe.com/go/wish

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]