FORUMS: list search recent posts

Expression to expand position

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lloyd Weir
Expression to expand position
on Apr 18, 2013 at 5:35:29 am

Hi,

I am working on a project where we had to scale up the resolution of the animation up to 400%. We replaced the nested artwork with higher resolution images. The problem is where the animation of a character once moved across the screen normally relative to its size - now the huge characters are moving tiny distances due to the positions and rotations being the same. I need to "scale up the positions" or "expand" them by the same amount. I can't use collapse transform as we used the puppet tool. So I thought some kind of expression that "expanded" or "offset outwards" from the current position cues is what I need. When I read expressions my brain twists up. I hope this makes sense.

Return to posts index

Lloyd Weir
Re: Expression to expand position
on Apr 19, 2013 at 1:48:49 am

I have found a script on AEscripts called Layer Library v1.03 by Kevin Schires - and so far it seems to be doing exactly what I need.

Could not be happier as it seems that this is a way to get around the "collapse transformation" feature not working with Puppet Tool.

I understand the render order methodology that causes the Puppet tool to work the way it does now - but this is a great work around when you have discovered something afterwards - and it is much too late to redo it and if your expression writing is woeful like mine.

The script can take all the properties from one composition and redistribute them in another composition of a different size with everything laid out exactly as it was. Or you can select which features you want and far more. Pretty useful. I am so relieved.

Hope that helps someone else out someday

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]