FORUMS: list search recent posts

AE script to change preview quality

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Roper
AE script to change preview quality
on Feb 19, 2013 at 4:51:31 pm

Hello,

I'm constantly switching between Fast Draft / Adaptive Resolution / Off (Final quality) in the Fast Previews menu. I'd love to use a keyboard shortcut for this, but can't find one anywhere. I tried making a Keyboard Maestro shortcut, but without knowing the exact name of the pop-up menu, it's impossible to get it to work. I've even loaded up the Accessibility Inspector from Apple's XCode to inspect the menu element, but it does not give any useful data. I've also tried using AppleScript and Automator - Automator just crashes.

Anyone know how easy it would be to write an AE script to do this? I could then invoke the script from a keystroke. I have zero experience in writing AE scripts (but a fair amount of expressions experience) but from the ones that I've seen, doing something this simple should not be too taxing for a beginner like me. Maybe.

Thanks,

Paul

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: AE script to change preview quality
on Feb 19, 2013 at 7:43:09 pm

There is no scripting access to the preview modes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]