FORUMS: list search recent posts

Controlling a bounce using a slider?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Zac Waxman
Controlling a bounce using a slider?
on Jan 26, 2013 at 3:59:37 pm

Hey guys,

Hope someone can help me out with this! I am creating a 2d truck driving, I want it to bounce a constant beat using an expression with which I can then control with a slider. I have the truck in two parts - the four wheels on one layer, and the cab and trailer on another. I want the cab and trailer to bounce at a constant pace which can get faster as I increase the slider control.

I'm thinking it would be the wiggle expression but can't seem to work out how to get it to wiggle along one axis only, in a simple up and down move. If there is any other suggestions or better expressions then I'd be very grateful to know.

Thanks

Zac Waxman

Junior Motion Graphics Designer

Return to posts index

Dan Ebberts
Re: Controlling a bounce using a slider?
on Jan 26, 2013 at 8:20:37 pm

Wiggle in the y direction only is pretty easy--like this:

w = wiggle(1,100);
[value[0],w[1]];

Speeding the wiggle up is a different story. You might want to check this out if you decide to go with wiggle:

http://www.motionscript.com/articles/speed-control.html#wiggle

Dan

Return to posts index

Zac Waxman
Re: Controlling a bounce using a slider?
on Jan 27, 2013 at 11:12:01 am

Hi Dan,

Thanks for getting back, I knew there was an easy way to do it I was just having a block! I'm not sure wiggle is the best expression to use as I really want a regular bounce with regular rises and falls which (if I can) control the power of that bounce with a slider. Ill take a look at your site though and see if I can figure something out.
I have a semi solution which kind of works - the truck is in a precomp and I have just key framed the bounce and looped it, and set the key frames at the place where the truck needs to start bouncing in the master comp. the bounce is only to represent that the truck is driving, and I'd like the slider to control the bounce to show acceleration and deceleration of the truck.

Thanks for your response and help though and ill look into the control thing!

Zac Waxman

Junior Motion Graphics Designer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]