FORUMS: list search recent posts

Text - Get 3D coordinates of individual characters (Per-character 3D enabled) ??

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nathan Clark
Text - Get 3D coordinates of individual characters (Per-character 3D enabled) ??
on Dec 7, 2012 at 7:56:38 am

Hey guys,

I'm hoping to get some help from the resident code genius' around here..
With the utmost gratitude in advanced!

I'm attempting to retrieve the 3D coordinates of each character in a text layer (with Per-character 3D enabled.)

I will be using this to determine the distance from each character to a 3D null layer serving as driver for offsetting values such as position, rotation opacity etc.

Basically I want to move my null around in 3D space and have individual characters animate based off their proximity to the null. Much like Dan Ebbert's Light Falloff setup...
I just need a bit of help learning how to address & manipulate each character's coordinates.

I hope that was clear? thanks in advanced!

Return to posts index

Dan Ebberts
Re: Text - Get 3D coordinates of individual characters (Per-character 3D enabled) ??
on Dec 7, 2012 at 7:14:05 pm

I can't think of any way to get the per-character positions with an expression. You could similate the calculation performed by the Range Selector to get each character's current offset, but I can't think of a way to get its original position.

Dan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]