FORUMS: list search recent posts

get position scale and rotation with markers from a comp to an other

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jean quelquechose
get position scale and rotation with markers from a comp to an other
on Nov 22, 2012 at 10:28:20 am

Hi there,

I'm an animator in ae, and a beginner in expressions. I try to simplify a character animation this way :
I animate the body of my muppet in a comp, put a nul on top and mark it at each new animation of my character. Then I put this body comp into a master comp, time remap it and enter the worderful expression of Dan Ebbert called "triggering animation with markers". For those who don't know it, I just can say that it's one of the most powerful expression I ever used (thx Dan).

Here is my problem. I've linked a lips animation to the audio amplitude of a voice layer separately and I'd like the lips to follow the animation of my character in my main comp when I enter a marker on the body layer. If I put the lips on the body in the body layer, they will be unsync because of the timeremap of the master layer.

My idea would be to link the position, scale and rotation of my lips to the body animation keeping the time of the lips layer.

for example, when marker of body layer says "jump", I want lips layer to get the position of a nul who is in body comp at the same marker name...

Do you think that it's possible, I try to do my best but my expression language is too poor to find a solution by myself ;)

Thanks by advance for your advices !!!

Return to posts index

Dan Ebberts
Re: get position scale and rotation with markers from a comp to an other
on Nov 22, 2012 at 8:56:45 pm

I think the best you can do is to retrieve scale, rotation, and position data from the appropriate time-remaaped time, using something like this one for position:

comp("body").layer("head").transform.position.valueAtTime(thisComp.layer("body").timeRemap)

This requires your mouth layer to be outside the time-remapped body layer.

Dan

Return to posts index

jean quelquechose
Re: get position scale and rotation with markers from a comp to an other
on Nov 23, 2012 at 11:22:29 am

Thanks a lot Dan, it works perfectly.. I just started using expressions (I mean more than the wiggle things) since 2 weeks and I just understand how powerful it is ! Just have to learn more and more with some bibles like yours.
Thx again

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]