FORUMS: list search recent posts

New to motion graphics.Need some advice.....

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Abhishek Neogi
New to motion graphics.Need some advice.....
on Sep 8, 2012 at 8:51:29 pm

Um....actually I'm pretty new to AE.
I mean,I am pretty used to the user interface of AE.
It's just that I want to get into some motion graphics stuff and learn about the different plugins in detail,like how they work,what expressions do to them etc.
I have checked out Andrew Kramer's tutorials on video copilot and have learned a few cool tricks.

I'll just show you what all stuff I've made which are relevant to motion graphics:

What I EXACTLY need to learn about expressions.Expressions which professional AE users make use of in their works and expressions essential for mastering AE pretty well in order to become a professional.
The second next thing I require is a guide/few tutorials about mastering the different plugins or effects available in AE.Plugins such as trapcode particular.And effects like CC Sphere,Shatter,Particle World etc.

So.......can anybody tell me from where I can learn all this stuff?Any tutorials/sites?
I know digital tutors teaches about AE but their tutorials aren't really free,you yeah.
Btw,my Youtube channel is:

Return to posts index

Spencer Tweed
Re: New to motion graphics.Need some advice.....
on Sep 9, 2012 at 8:41:15 pm

Digital Tutors and Lynda will definitely teach you a few things, but from personal experience the hard way has been the best way for me. I just take every job I can, and when I run into something that I don't know how to do I learn it!

I end up with almost every type of job coming across my plate and each one teaches me something new, it may be the most stressful way to learn but I think it's also the best. Once you get the basics down ( you just need to start going out there and getting jobs. You'll learn new stuff on each project you do - one day you'll need to do audio visualization, the next invisible compositing, the next a lyric video, etc.

And as for your questions about expressions - check out though from my experience expressions only help make things easier/faster but are not totally necessary to being a pro in AE. (Don't get me wrong though, I love expressions!)

- Spencer

Return to posts index

Abhishek Neogi
Re: New to motion graphics.Need some advice.....
on Sep 11, 2012 at 7:55:30 am

Thanks for the advice but I already know about Digital tutors.Sadly most of their tutorials aren't free.
As for the expressions site,that's pretty darn useful! :D
Personally,I love expressions too.Makes things a lot easier rather than redoing stuff again.
Arghhhhhh,just wondering where I can learn trapcode particular
I've seen Andrew Kramer and a few others using that plugin in a fashion like it was a piece of cake!
Hmm and also,are you into Photoshop?
Thanks again for the advice btw.
CreativeCOW is sure creative and informative :D

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved