FORUMS: list search recent posts

New to motion graphics.Need some advice.....

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Abhishek Neogi
New to motion graphics.Need some advice.....
on Sep 8, 2012 at 8:51:29 pm

Um....actually I'm pretty new to AE.
I mean,I am pretty used to the user interface of AE.
It's just that I want to get into some motion graphics stuff and learn about the different plugins in detail,like how they work,what expressions do to them etc.
I have checked out Andrew Kramer's tutorials on video copilot and have learned a few cool tricks.

I'll just show you what all stuff I've made which are relevant to motion graphics:

What I EXACTLY need to learn is......info about expressions.Expressions which professional AE users make use of in their works and expressions essential for mastering AE pretty well in order to become a professional.
The second next thing I require is a guide/few tutorials about mastering the different plugins or effects available in AE.Plugins such as trapcode particular.And effects like CC Sphere,Shatter,Particle World etc.

So.......can anybody tell me from where I can learn all this stuff?Any tutorials/sites?
I know digital tutors teaches about AE but their tutorials aren't really free,you know...so yeah.
Btw,my Youtube channel is: http://www.youtube.com/Kaioken20XGokuHD

Return to posts index

Spencer Tweed
Re: New to motion graphics.Need some advice.....
on Sep 9, 2012 at 8:41:15 pm

Digital Tutors and Lynda will definitely teach you a few things, but from personal experience the hard way has been the best way for me. I just take every job I can, and when I run into something that I don't know how to do I learn it!

I end up with almost every type of job coming across my plate and each one teaches me something new, it may be the most stressful way to learn but I think it's also the best. Once you get the basics down (videocopilot.net) you just need to start going out there and getting jobs. You'll learn new stuff on each project you do - one day you'll need to do audio visualization, the next invisible compositing, the next a lyric video, etc.

And as for your questions about expressions - check out http://aenhancers.com/ though from my experience expressions only help make things easier/faster but are not totally necessary to being a pro in AE. (Don't get me wrong though, I love expressions!)

- Spencer

Return to posts index

Abhishek Neogi
Re: New to motion graphics.Need some advice.....
on Sep 11, 2012 at 7:55:30 am

Thanks for the advice but I already know about Digital tutors.Sadly most of their tutorials aren't free.
As for the expressions site,that's pretty darn useful! :D
Personally,I love expressions too.Makes things a lot easier rather than redoing stuff again.
Arghhhhhh,just wondering where I can learn trapcode particular
I've seen Andrew Kramer and a few others using that plugin in a fashion like it was a piece of cake!
Hmm and also,are you into Photoshop?
Thanks again for the advice btw.
CreativeCOW is sure creative and informative :D

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]