FORUMS: list search recent posts

Lower Third simple effect

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
john Mark
Lower Third simple effect
on Aug 25, 2012 at 9:06:23 am

I would like to get this effect were when the lower third is sliding in the screen I want to know how they keep the white lower third bar sliding in without the picture of the world showing till the end were the 7 News logo is. How can I accomplish this?, I have tried doing it but no luck as i make the white lower third and add the slide effect and put the world as a separate layer they basically slide together from the start till end, While i want the world being shown till the end just like in the clip were the 7 News logo is. I have also tried just adding the slide effect then as the white bar slides to the end i quickly add the world but its not very good and not what i want.

A News Graphic Lover

Return to posts index

Dan Fredley
Re: Lower Third simple effect
on Aug 25, 2012 at 9:40:05 pm

You need to use a track matte. Think of it this way:

The lower third doesn't actually move in, instead it is already there, but you have a separate rectangle shape that comes in and makes the lower third appear. You can just create a solid and animate it in from left to right. Place the solid above the lower third and choose "Alpha Matte" in the track matte dropdown.

Return to posts index

john Mark
Re: Lower Third simple effect
on Aug 25, 2012 at 11:59:53 pm

Thanks if you have time could you do an example only if you can if no thats fine
Thank you so much for help

A News Graphic Lover

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]