COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brad Pickford
Sync a nested time-remapped precomp to its parent comp, is it possible
on Aug 12, 2012 at 2:57:00 pm

Hope someone can help.

CompA main parent comp
CompB is a nested comp inside CompA

CompB is time remapped between 0 and 2 seconds. CompB is a head turn of spectacles. At 0 seconds head is left, at 1 second head is facing centre and at 2 second head is facing right. I want to have an eye blink (i have a shape layer, which has it's colour determined by a "color control" expression control in CompA). The eyeblink is triggered by a checkbox in CompA. The problem I am having is that the eyeblink which is happening in CompB is not syncing correctly with the checkbox keyframe in CompA.

Here is the scenario to highlight why it is not working...
In CompA the playhead is at 5seconds. I have a the head turned to the right, so CompB which is time remapped is at 2 seconds. But I have enabled the checkbox in CompA which should make the eyes blink, but they don't. If you go into CompB and take the playhead to 5 seconds, the eyes are blinked.

So in the expression that I have at the moment (below) there is a lense colour, a body colour and the eye blink checkbox. What I am saying is if checkbox is enabled then to use colour of the body , otherwise use the colour of the lense. What I think I need is a piece of code that will give me the point in time of the checkbox in "c" so that the fill sync up properly in CompA.

a=comp("CompA").layer("Character Controls").effect("Lense Colour")("Color");
b=comp("CompA").layer("Character Controls").effect("Body Colour")("Color");
c=comp("CompA").layer("Character Controls").effect("Eye Blink")("Checkbox");
if(c==true)b else a

I am not too sure if this is a Back to the Future scenario and it can't be done, hope someone out there knows what I am trying to do and can help.

Cheers,
Brad

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]