FORUMS: list search recent posts

Replacing pixels with particles

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sasha Zelman
Replacing pixels with particles
on Jun 20, 2012 at 8:15:26 pm

I need to replace randomly scattered white pixels on black canvas (raster image) with star shaped particles (vector image). Center of each star should align PRECISELY with each white pixel. The whole process needs to be fast since I have to repeat it hundreds of times with different images. Is there a way to accomplish it with expressions? I was directed to this forum from general AE forum, since people there could not come up with a good answer.

If expressions are of no help, is there a way to do it using any other type of software?

Return to posts index

Dan Ebberts
Re: Replacing pixels with particles
on Jun 20, 2012 at 8:24:52 pm

I don't know what else to suggest, but you wouldn't be happy with the performance of doing it with expressions.

Dan

Return to posts index

Sasha Zelman
on Jun 21, 2012 at 1:34:50 pm

That what I though... Too many items (pixels) to iterate through to determine coordinates... Too slow... Thank you, anyway.

Return to posts index

Tim Drage
on Jun 26, 2012 at 10:33:21 am

The 'Luminance Tracking' positioning mode of Trapcode Optical Flares plugin might help with this.

Return to posts index

Sasha Zelman
on Jul 2, 2012 at 10:55:47 pm

Thank you for your reply. I will check it out...
The usual problem with software that places elements by luminance is that it is not exact due to the fact that its internal grid is not matching pixel grid... Both in Photoshop (KPT Scatter) and in Cinema 4D you can place elements by luminance but results are unsatisfactory due to the above reason .

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]