FORUMS: list search recent posts

Select and move multiple layers markers? - useful for motionscript's triggering animation w/markers

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Something
Select and move multiple layers markers? - useful for motionscript's triggering animation w/markers
on May 21, 2012 at 9:38:01 am

Greetings,

This post is in sot of association to Dan Ebberts very useful expression "trigger animation with layer markers" on the Motionscript website, something I use all the time.

However, there seems to be no way to select and move multiple layer markers at once. They have to be moved individually which can take a hug amount of time. I have looked a lot of places for info and also at all sorts of scripts from redefinery and aescripts but haven't come across anything. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

Return to posts index

Jeff Bobbington
Re: Select and move multiple layers markers? - useful for motionscript's triggering animation w/markers
on May 23, 2012 at 3:46:06 pm

Could always time remap the layer to suit the markers right?
There's no way of selecting multiple markers.

Return to posts index

Dan Fredley
Re: Select and move multiple layers markers? - useful for motionscript's triggering animation w/markers
on May 25, 2012 at 8:26:13 am

A bit convoluted but you can :
  • use rd_CopyMarkers to copy a span of markers to a Null
  • then use rd_RemoveMarkers to delete the original span of markers,
  • then shift the null,
  • then copy them back onto the original layer.

Still might be faster than the alternative.

Dan Fredley

Return to posts index

Remus Hosu
on Mar 11, 2014 at 5:41:49 pm

Hi,

Can you please help me out with "rd_RemoveMarkers"? I can't seem the find in anywhere on the internet and the Redefinery is suspended. Thank you

Return to posts index

Fred Hickler
on Oct 27, 2015 at 4:58:26 pm
Last Edited By Fred Hickler on Oct 27, 2015 at 5:02:11 pm

I'm late to this thread, but I was searching for an answer to this exact question and wanted to share what seems to be a workable solution. It isn't perfect, but it gets the job done. It uses a script called Copy/Paste Markers 2 available on aescripts.com. Basically the procedure is as follows:
- duplicate the animation precomp layer
- delete all of the markers on this new duplicated layer
- use the Copy/Paste Markers panel to copy and paste markers from the original layer to the new layer
- Copy/Paste Markers allows you to select which markers to copy and you can determine where on the timeline they get copied by moving the original layer
- when done, delete the original animation layer

I'm a newbie with the technique of triggering animations via markers, so maybe there is a solution out there that is even better than what I'm suggesting - if so I would love to know what it is.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]