FORUMS: list search recent posts

Holding a key frame value

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aaron Kent
Holding a key frame value
on May 4, 2012 at 9:24:55 pm

Is it possible to tell a specific keyframe (position) on a layer, to always remain equivalent to another specific key frame (in value, but not interpolation) on the same layer?

Don't wanna split the layer or anything, just tell two specific position keyframes at two specific times to always be equivalent, one eases in on e eases out and I'd like that to remain the way it is.

Thanks

AK

Return to posts index

Darby Edelen
Re: Holding a key frame value
on May 5, 2012 at 5:41:10 am

Not sure the details of your project, but if you need these keyframes to remain equivalent have you considered just parenting your layer to a Null and using that to offset the position?

If that doesn't help then more explanation of what you're trying to achieve might be necessary!

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

Aaron Kent
Re: Holding a key frame value
on May 5, 2012 at 12:29:48 pm

Thanks for the reply Darby. I'm working on a graphics kit of some broadcast deliverables. I try to keep the compositions extremely simple. There are any number of ways with nulls, splitting the layer, etc I could make this work, but I'm trying to allow the editor to have to adjust two position key frames on one layer. They set point A (say at 1 sec), then move to the second keyframe and set point B (at 2 sec) by adusting B, keyframe C (at 6sec) is automatically equivalant so the animation holds for those 4 secs. Its just one of those times I have marching orders to make this very simple for the editors.

If I have a sec today I'll post an example.

Cheers
AK

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]