FORUMS: list search recent posts

Wiggling a Wiggle.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Lorance
Wiggling a Wiggle.
on Mar 24, 2012 at 3:05:43 am

In the spirit of all things excessive, I would like to figure out how to wiggle the paramaters of a wiggle. (Wiggle Inception!)

I have a number of layers with wiggles on their positions, with the amount and rate of those wiggles bound to the same expression control sliders on a control layer. The problem is, I find that the wiggles of each individual layer (while random) are still entirely too similar and predictable. So, I want each individual wiggle to wiggle it's own rate or amount in order to provide additional randomness. Ideally I would like to see the occasional layer here and there exhibit just a little more personality than that of their other wiggled bretheren for a brief moment, before returning to their usual consistent style.

Any thoughts or simpler solutions come to mind?

Maybe someday I will make it an experiment to see how many layers of wiggle I can add to the wiggles before After Effects crashes...

Return to posts index

Dan Ebberts
Re: Wiggling a Wiggle.
on Mar 24, 2012 at 3:38:07 am

Assuming that you're getting the wiggle amplitude and frequency from sliders, you could set up your wiggle like this:

freq = thisComp.layer("controls").effect("Frequency")("Slider");
amp = thisComp.layer("controls").effect("Amplitude")("Slider");
wiggle(freq.wiggle(1,.1),amp.wiggle(3,25))

Be careful wiggling the frequency though--changing speed and frequency in AE can often lead to unpredictable results. Amplitude though, wiggle away.

Dan

Return to posts index

Chris Lorance
Re: Wiggling a Wiggle.
on Mar 24, 2012 at 3:55:19 pm

Looks like this will work great, thank you Dan!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]