FORUMS: list search recent posts

Smoke trail adjustments (Camera problem)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Magnus Nilsson
Smoke trail adjustments (Camera problem)
on Feb 15, 2012 at 7:50:42 pm

Hi!

I found this smoke trail project over at the trapcode site http://www.trapcode.com/sharelog/2010/3/24/smoketrail.html
and it's ecactly what i need for a short film I'm working on. I'd love to play around with it and try different smoke trails.

The problem is I need resize the whole comp to 1920x1080. But when I do it seems I also mess up some expression because the camera is now no longer centered on the emitter. I've tried changing various variables but nothing seems to work and I'm no ace when it comes to expression. Is there anyone on here that could take a look at it?

The project can be downloaded from the link provided above. The background layer is missing but since the problem concerens the camera and the smoke trail I guess it doesn't matter.

Sincerely
Magnus

Return to posts index

Dan Ebberts
Re: Smoke trail adjustments (Camera problem)
on Feb 15, 2012 at 9:41:08 pm

I think the problem is that the expressions for the wiggle-generating layers ("human error", "handheld" and "speed shake") assume that they are positioned at [0,0,0].

You can either move the layers to [0,0,0], or just add "-value" to each wiggle expression, like this:

transform.position.wiggle(1,20,2)-value

Dan

Return to posts index

Magnus Nilsson
Re: Smoke trail adjustments (Camera problem)
on Feb 16, 2012 at 12:59:40 pm

Wonderful! It worked, Thanks a bunch!

Sincerely
Magnus

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]