FORUMS: list search recent posts

Accidentally partitioned my external drive with ALL of my footage...

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Joseph
Accidentally partitioned my external drive with ALL of my footage...
on Dec 31, 2011 at 8:03:21 pm

Okay, so here the the deal...

I have a 6TB External G-RAID Hard Drive that I use to house ALL of my footage, projects, etc. I wanted to back this drive up, so I purchased a G-SAFE. I was following the instructions to partition the G-SAFE and i accidentally partitioned my G-RAID...3 times. I have run Disk Drill and Data Rescue 3 on the drive, and it seems to be able to find everything....but there is a bit of a problem:

It's only completely recovering the video files that I had deleted from the drive at some point in the past. It is finding the movie files that were partitioned, but the files are VERY small, (KB's, when they are actually MB/GB's), and are not playable.

I am far from savvy with Hard Drive recovery/lingo, but I was wondering if any of you could help me out.

I am working on a documentary at the moment and have hours of priceless footage that I can't access....so you can understand my panic...

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
Re: Accidentally partitioned my external drive with ALL of my footage...
on Jan 1, 2012 at 9:46:17 am

try the demo of EASEUS Data Recovery Wizard Professional. it will recover 1 GB free for you to see if it fits your needs. I use it at work. It also works on sd cards, pretty nice software.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]