FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mapping tint to multiple color controls with a slider to change to specfic color

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert beckman
Mapping tint to multiple color controls with a slider to change to specfic color
on Dec 13, 2011 at 3:52:28 pm

I have a comp that i am using tint on. On that same layer i have multiple color controls set to colors that I want specfically. I want to be able use a slider and set it to a number and it change to the color controls. This would help greatly because i want to be able to link other pre-comps with the same tint effect so it changes through out the project. I have tried if and else but that only allows me to do one. I would greatly appreciate if someone could help down the right path. Thanks

x=effect("Slider Control")("Slider");

if (x&lt;1)
{effect("RED Control")("Color")}
else{effect("BLUE Control 2")("Color")};

Return to posts index

Dan Ebberts
Re: Mapping tint to multiple color controls with a slider to change to specfic color
on Dec 13, 2011 at 4:15:05 pm

There are a number of ways to do it, but if you only have a few different controls, you can string them together using else if, like this:

x=effect("Slider Control")("Slider");
if (x < 1)
effect("RED Control")("Color")
else if (x < 2)
effect("BLUE Control 2")("Color")
else
effect("GREEN Control")("Color");

Dan

Return to posts index

Robert beckman
Re: Mapping tint to multiple color controls with a slider to change to specfic color
on Dec 13, 2011 at 4:50:05 pm

I cant help but tell you that me and the other guy i work with are laughing because we knew it was simple. We also had tried something like this but i guess we were closing it instead of leaving it open. Thank you for in enlightening us. Your the Man.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]