FORUMS: list search recent posts

Animating object going forward in cycles

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Otto Lindqvist
Animating object going forward in cycles
on Dec 5, 2011 at 9:41:25 am

Hello,

I'm doing walking fox animation and found that the movement of the fox is not linear. It moves 32 pixels in 20 frames and stops and next 20 frames it moves 37,5 pixels and comes to stop again. And it loops that. Is there any kind of possibility to use expression to do that so I wouldnt need to do keyframes for every 20 frames. that cannot be looped because it moves forward with every step. I thought it must have something to do with the time, but couldnt figure out how to do it because of the first moving 32 frames and then 37,5 frames and so on.

I already have the fox walking stationary without going forward animation done with loop.

Any ideas?

Thank you
Otto Lindqvist

Return to posts index

Dan Ebberts
Re: Animating object going forward in cycles
on Dec 5, 2011 at 4:49:12 pm

It seems like you should be able to use one of the versions of loopOut(). Have you tried loopOut("offset")?

Dan

Return to posts index

Otto Lindqvist
on Dec 5, 2011 at 5:07:37 pm

Hadnt heard about the loopOut("offset") Thank you, that was the solution.

Return to posts index

Otto Lindqvist
on Dec 23, 2011 at 11:12:47 am

Noticed that I need the loop stopping in some point to get my fox looking the birds flying away and then continuing its travel. I tried time remapping, but it's not working because the controls I have are in null object and it's not possible to freeze null object.

Any solutions for that problem?

And merry cristmas everyone!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]