FORUMS: list search recent posts

Snow globe effect

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bert Beltran
Snow globe effect
on Nov 30, 2011 at 7:36:31 pm

Hey everyone

I have an image of a snow globe that is a vector art image. Im wanting to animate the snow just like a normal snow globe does. I've been trying to think of the ways to make this happen and I feel that using expressions are going to be the easiest way of doing this and will give me the most control rather than key framing. I also thought of using particular to make the snow flake look. But my concerns that I have are making the snow fly around randomly, naturally, and making sure that the particles dont float out of the glass container. The way I planned on making the snow globe shake is using the wiggle expression and using a null object with the slider controls so I can have the control of when I want it to shake and when it should stop, as well as how much shake. I fell that using the plugin newton by motion boutique would be the one way of creating this effect.
If there is anyone out there that has any ideas on how to make this possible I could really use the help.

Muchos Thank You's

Return to posts index

Dan Ebberts
Re: Snow globe effect
on Nov 30, 2011 at 9:32:42 pm

I think that's a pretty tough physical simulation to do with expressions. You've got the shaking forces, fluid dynamics, viscosity, and gravity to worry about, and you have to respect the edges of the globe. You might be able to use an expression to fake the part where the snow settles out, but it would still be a significant effort to get it right. If you're only doing one of these, I'm not sure it would be worth the effort.

Dan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]