FORUMS: list search recent posts

Animating Text Alignment

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kurt Daniels
Animating Text Alignment
on Jul 28, 2011 at 7:22:09 pm

I am trying to make an After Effects project (template style) that someone can open up, update the information (music track names) and the animation for the text still work no matter the length of the title but I am having a hard time getting the track titles to do what I want.

I need to animate titles of a variety of lengths.

They need to start centered in the middle of the page (center text) then as they move to the right and get smaller I need the titles to align on the left (left align text) so the titles are flush on the left side.

Is there a way to keyframe text alignment?

For example, the animation starts center aligned and then as it moves it ends aligned to the text's left side to organize the information without having to adjust every title?

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
Re: Animating Text Alignment
on Jul 29, 2011 at 4:36:11 pm

due to the fact that you can't keyframe most text palette properties (like justification, font, etc...) and the fact that ae sees a text layer as having the comp's frame size (rather than the size of the text itself), i don't think this is possible.

the old path text effect allows you to animate the justification, but it uses only hold keyframes for that property, i assume that would probably too abrupt.

the best i can think of is to use left justified text that animates to the final position. then the user would need to update the text and the start/center position for the text.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]