FORUMS: list search recent posts

Looping Source Text held keyframes

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thomas Hannen
Looping Source Text held keyframes
on Jul 22, 2011 at 3:57:22 pm

Hi,

Is there any way to loop around (e.g.) four Source Text keyframes?

I've tried
loopOut(type = "cycle", numKeyframes = 4);

Which normally works for normal linear keyframes (e.g. as Position or Rotation keyframes), but when applied to Source Text, it gives:

Function loopOut is undefined

Many thanks,
Tom

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
Re: Looping Source Text held keyframes
on Jul 22, 2011 at 4:21:14 pm

that's interesting... i've never tried to loop source text keyframes (or hold keyframes, for that matter), but you'd think it would work like any other keyframes....

this does seem to work, but you'll need to add another 'dummy' keyframe as the last keyframe:

valueAtTime(time%key(numKeys).time)

it assumes you want to loop all keyframes, but to have the your current last text value be included, you'll need to add a dummy keyframe at the point where you want it to start to loop.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

Davi Herold
Re: Looping Source Text held keyframes
on Jan 11, 2017 at 8:41:35 pm

Ok, so I know this is an old post, but this occured to me only recently, and I would like to leave a comment in here just in case someone else gets as stuck as me again.

Short answer, you can't do that.

"You can use keyframe-looping methods to repeat a series of keyframes. You can use these methods on most properties. Exceptions include properties that can’t be expressed by simple numeric values in the Timeline panel, such as the Source Text property, path shape properties, and the Histogram property for the Levels effect."

https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/expression-language-reference.h...

Sorry, but as of yet, I have not found a work-around.

Cheers,
Davi.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]