FORUMS: list search recent posts

Effect and Mask anchor pojnt

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Todd Schmidt
Effect and Mask anchor pojnt
on May 31, 2011 at 12:10:59 am

Hi All,

Big question, hope it can be done. Using AE CS4, is ther a way to link the XY position of video copilots optical flare to the anchor point of a mask? The Optical flare is on a black solid is stacked underneath the video where the mask is animated. It would save on mega time for me!

Thanks!

Todd

Return to posts index

Steve Renard
Re: Effect and Mask anchor pojnt
on Jun 1, 2011 at 4:57:43 pm

If it's a simple enough mask, and/or there's not much movement to it, you could put a null object at one of the mask points and then use one of several scripts out there to link the mask point to the null object. Try here or here. Then you could just link the flare center to that null object.

As far as I know, there's no way to extract the mask point data from the mask, though - I've put in a feature request to Adobe for this more times than I can count. I'm not even close to being competent enough writing code to be able to say this with an authority, but it seems to me it would be pretty straightforward for every mask point to have a 2-3 value array to define its position, so that you could get in there and monkey with it or reference it as you're trying to do.

Good luck,
Steve

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]