FORUMS: list search recent posts

After effects sorting script.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gareth Tredrea
After effects sorting script.
on May 20, 2011 at 3:24:35 pm

Hi,

Does anyone know if there is a script that will go through nested comps, and sort all comps and footage which belong to the main comp into one folder?

Yes, I was lazy and started a job in a rush and everything is a mess, is there anyone that can grant me some grace? I already looked online but couldn't find anything.

Any help would be appreciated. In the meantime I will be sorting manually.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Dan Ebberts
Re: After effects sorting script.
on May 20, 2011 at 4:48:46 pm

I think it's unlikely that you'll find an existing script that will be much help, because it depends on the names that you used for your comps and folders. This would probably be a good first scripting project though (not too tough), if you wanted to tackle it yourself.

Dan

Return to posts index

Gareth Tredrea
on May 20, 2011 at 5:18:54 pm

I agree with you, and I am up for that, the problem is time and knowledge. I was thinking about it when I was trying to get some actual use out of the mini-flowchart. I don't think it would matter what the comps are called. I'm guessing there is some sort of list that holds all the info, what-goes-into-what-comp-kind-of-thing, and then just grabs all the relevant elements and shoves them into a folder. Crude guess though. ha ha.

G

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on May 22, 2011 at 12:47:08 am

You can use Collect Files to do (some of) this for a selected composition. This can help to clean things up. It's more for collecting things on the hard disk, but you can also use the result to clean things up in the project.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]