FORUMS: list search recent posts

How would I do this

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Josh Holdens
How would I do this
on Apr 11, 2011 at 11:45:07 pm

I'm working with the ease expression and I'm trying to find out how(if possible at all) to map position to rotation. I successfully achieved mapping it one way. Adding the ease expression to position and controlling rotation but I want to use the inverse and add the ease to rotation. I'm missing the ball I"m sure; I noticed that when you pickWhip in this situation AE creates temp parameters... I think that's the problem but I don't know how to translate that into the ease... here is the expression i tried to add to rotation:

ease(transform.position,[value[0],value[1]],[value[0],value[1]],0,360)

I get an error saying that there isn't a class called zero....
Not sure what that means

ease(transform.position,[value[0],value[1]],[value[0],value[1]],0,360)

Return to posts index

Dan Ebberts
Re: How would I do this
on Apr 12, 2011 at 1:04:48 am

The output of ease() can be an array (like position) but the input can't -- it needs to be one-dimensional. Depending on what you're doing, you might be able to use the position to calculate a one-dimensional distance from some point (maybe the first position point) and use ease() to translate that to rotation. Hard to be more specific without more details...

Dan

Return to posts index

Josh Holdens
Re: How would I do this
on Apr 12, 2011 at 3:26:49 am

I succeeded in applying the ease to position then I added an ease(just for kicks) to rotation so that as ease expression ran the object moves and rotates.

The goal was to invert this animation and have the expression swapped :) I failed though

http://www.flickr.com/photos/38101350@N03/5612230788/in/photostream#/photos...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]