Exporting position, scale and rotation of 1 object inside several precomps

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dieter Desmet
Exporting position, scale and rotation of 1 object inside several precomps
on Feb 26, 2011 at 1:08:52 pm

Hi community,

I'm new here, and have a mindbugger.
Is there any way to export the position, scale and rotation properties of one object inside a project?
The catch is that this object is inside several precomps, and even those precomps are inside other precomps, all animated.

Is there any way of getting this info in an xml or xfl for further use in flash?

Thanx for any suggestions!

Dieter

Return to posts index

Dan Ebberts
Re: Exporting position, scale and rotation of 1 object inside several precomps
on Feb 26, 2011 at 9:01:27 pm

You can most likely do it with a script (XML files are pretty easy to generate). It might be a little tricky because the scripting language doesn't have the layer space transforms that the expression language does, so you might have to have the script create some temporary expressions to do get everything into comp/world coordinates. The details of the script are going to depend greatly on how your project is set up.

Dan

Return to posts index

Fabio Apelbaum
on May 19, 2016 at 3:07:37 pm

Hi Dan! hope you are doing great.

Im too, trying to understand how to export/import data to XML. I am trying to create a simple script that will grab text from XML and insert it into text layers inside my comps. I know there are scripts already that does this, such as Text2Spreadsheet, but I thought I would learn much more if I taking this challenge on my own.

As always, Im very thankful for any information that can help me moving forward.

Fabio

Return to posts index

Dan Ebberts
on May 19, 2016 at 4:09:45 pm

Adobe's JavaScript Tools Guide has a whole chapter on XML and scripting. That would be a good place to start.

Dan

Return to posts index

Fabio Apelbaum
on May 20, 2016 at 9:50:21 pm

Thank you Dan, it was excelent, just finished reading and it has been very useful,

Let me ask you a question, as I mentioned yesterday, Im trying to use a spreadsheet to change text layers, for that reason, I am trying to access the namespaces such as Replace with this text and replace my text layer with whatever is written in this namespace. Is there an easy way to access all of these?

Please find some of the code I have so far, I included the xml inside my code just to test it, later I will write my script to gather the XML info from an XML Excel file.

Return to posts index

Fabio Apelbaum
on May 20, 2016 at 9:53:39 pm

Thank you Dan, it was excelent, just finished reading and it has been very useful,

Let me ask you a question, as I mentioned yesterday, Im trying to use a spreadsheet to change text layers, for that reason, I am trying to access the namespaces such as Data ss:Type='String'>original text /Data and replace my text layer with whatever is written in this namespace. Is there an easy way to access all of these?

Please find some of the code I have so far, I included the xml inside my code just to test it, later I will write my script to gather the XML info from an XML Excel file.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]