FORUMS: list search recent posts

Wiggle with spaces

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sanjeev ramanathan
Wiggle with spaces
on Feb 2, 2011 at 8:10:45 am

Hi,

I have a series of dots with 10 to 20 pixels gap between each one. and i have one main dot (like a highlighter) and i want to wiggle that in horizontally (vertically also for different scene)in the dot position only.

If i use the default wiggle expression, the highlighter touches all the pixels, which i don't want. It has to display only no the dot location (like a serial light).

Thanks in Advance,

Thanks
sanj.

Return to posts index

Dan Ebberts
Re: Wiggle with spaces
on Feb 2, 2011 at 4:33:13 pm

So you want it to snap to the location of the nearest dot? Are the dots arranged in a predictable way? I mean, is there a way to calculate the location of the dots, or are they arranged randomly? An image would be helpful.

Dan

Return to posts index

sanjeev ramanathan
Re: Wiggle with spaces
on Feb 7, 2011 at 12:01:57 am

Hi Dan,

All the dot positions are predicted there is no random locations, only the flickering lights has to be in random, something like this 'http://img.diytrade.com/cdimg/856805/7954021/0/1234318277/LED_Light_Bar.jpg', the best example would be 'Computer Modem Lights' it keeps flickering once in a while and not fully but partially.

Lets say 20 by 10 (20 Column and 10 rows) set of lights, and all the lights are ON, and it flickers every few sec randomly. Few of them is more bright and few are dull (but flickering) and few of them are completely OFF.

Iam not sure if that make sense or not, if not please let me know i'll make a drawing in step by step.

Thanks
sanj.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]