FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: How can I create a semi-realistic fake video projector 'SHINE' from a projector graphic to my video angled like a movie screen?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Dex Craig
Re: How can I create a semi-realistic fake video projector 'SHINE' from a projector graphic to my video angled like a movie screen?
on Sep 22, 2005 at 3:56:01 pm

Hey, Tommmmmmmm --

So, I don't have shine, but I was able to do something like you're describing using CC Radial Fast Blur. Here's what I did:

1. Put image for screen in a comp. Apply Basic 3D, tilt, distance from image to get the "screen" where you'd like it to be.

2. Duplicate this layer. Move the screen element to the right of the frame and increase the distance to image (or scale it down) to get a smaller "source" for the projection rays.

3. Add an adjustment layer with no effects on it.

4. Precomp (CTL+SHIFT+C on the PC -- not sure on a Mac) the adjustment layer and the screen "source" layer.

5. Add CC Radial Fast Blur to the precomp. Set the "Zoom" perameter to brightest and the amount to 100 (or very nearly so). Place the center of the radial blur effect quite a bit off-screen and you'll have streaming rays of light coming from the "source" point. Adjust placement of the center until it lines up like you'd like.

6. Put your projector element over the "source" layer, hiding the squared off repeat of the image on the screen.

That's it.

Hope that's helpful.

- Dex

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]