FORUMS: list search recent posts

Time Base Correctors/ Frame Synchronisers for digitizing 3/4" PAL Umatic Tapes

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Gee
Time Base Correctors/ Frame Synchronisers for digitizing 3/4" PAL Umatic Tapes
on Jan 9, 2019 at 6:51:27 am

I would like to digitize 3/4" Umatic SP tape using a Sony VO-9800P but I have since discovered that I would need a Time Base Corrector or Frame Synchronizer to get good quality output. All my tapes are PAL which I understand was widely used in Europe, Africa and Asia while NTSC was common in the US and Canada.

Most hardware from the 80s and 90s was either compatible with PAL or with NTSC but seldom with both. My Sony VO-9800P has BNC ports at the back as well as a 7 PIN Y/C 688 port (commonly known as the "DUB" connection). I went looking around for a TBC that has an option for both BNC and Y/C 688/ dub and I came across a Fortel CCDY/C Frame Synchronizer on ebay.

The seller who is clueless on tehcnical specs got it from a studio in the US for resale and I assume they were using it for NTSC conversions because of the region.

I would like to find out if the Fortel CCDY/C is compatible with PAL and would therefore establish interoperability with my Sony VO-9800P?

Other Frame Synchronizers which have both BNC and Y/C 688 but which I am not sure of their PAL compatibility are the JVC Frame Synchronizer Km-f250, Fortel Turbo 2 and the Fortel CCDHP. You guys can suggest others if know ones that are PAL compatible. I wouldn't mind a reasonable offer as well :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]