FORUMS: list search recent posts

Confusion over FHA (Full Height Anamorphic)

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Smith
Confusion over FHA (Full Height Anamorphic)
on Sep 25, 2018 at 10:31:59 am

Hi,

I've been searching high and low for info on this topic but the results I've found have been few and far between so I'm hoping that someone here can please clear this up for me! (this is my first post so apologies if I've missed previous extensive discussion on this or if this is the wrong place to ask all together).

The scenario is this: I have a job that's just come in for 9 different sets of digital ooh screens for the 02 Arena in London. I do a lot of these type of screens at my work but this is the first time at the 02 and the first time the spec sheet has stated "Content must be supplied in PAL FHA format. Please do not letterbox content".

Here is a screen grab of the spec sheet:

As you can see there is a range of aspect ratios, orientations and resolutions but all requesting PAL FHA so I'm having a hard time getting my head around this.

Any insight into the correct process for delivery would be very much appreciated!

Thank you in advance,
Alex

Return to posts index

Pat Horridge
Re: Confusion over FHA (Full Height Anamorphic)
on Sep 26, 2018 at 3:07:25 am

The specs supplied are technically incorrect. PAL is a composite analogue delivery.
They are asking for a custom raster size as listed. The content has to look correct at that raster size as shown at 25fps. Any reference to PAL is misleading and inappropriate.

Pat Horridge
Broadcast & Post Consultant, Trainer, Avid Certified Instructor
Free online Tutorials at VET digital media academy online http://vimeo.com/channels/752951
pat@vet.co.uk

Return to posts index

Alex Smith
Re: Confusion over FHA (Full Height Anamorphic)
on Sep 26, 2018 at 9:25:47 am

Thank you so much for your response Pat! In that case, should I just work to the custom raster sizes and ignore any reference to PAL or FHA?

Thanks,
Alex

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]