FORUMS: list search recent posts

During live capture of Stevie Wonder this occured. Need advice.

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Curt LaFurney
During live capture of Stevie Wonder this occured. Need advice.
on May 11, 2017 at 11:46:31 pm

G5 Tower crashed
I was capturing a live performance of Stevie Wonder last night. At the very end of the show my Mac Tower running black magic capture card froze solid. I had to hard shut down and restart the computer. Unfortunately the computer did not finalize the 422 pro rez Qt clip into a .mov, it came up as just av as the extension when I went to look at the file for the entire set. The file is 101 GB in size so the content is there. When I tried to play it back the Qt player told me unsupported or unrecognized. It won't play back in the finder as well it just gives me a Qt icon that says AV on it but no video image you normally get for a .mov file. What can I do to make this av into a simple .mov file? Clients are hours away need to convert this Thank you for any assistance.

Return to posts index

Peter Groom
Re: During live capture of Stevie Wonder this occured. Need advice.
on May 17, 2017 at 11:03:41 am

But , given that it was a Stevie Wonder performance, you have at least 2 other back up recordings and every camera was Iso'd to allow a complete rebuild? right!
Peter

Post Production Dubbing Mixer

Return to posts index

Curt LaFurney
Re: During live capture of Stevie Wonder this occured. Need advice.
on May 18, 2017 at 12:45:09 am

Thanx for your response.
Unfortunately the system is only set up to capture HD thru FCP directly onto the drives from the switcher output. The only back up is SD. There has to be a way to make this file viewable, it's there, it's 101 GBs only it's a AV extention as opposed to a .mov file. Where this says FLV my file says AV

file:///Users/apple/Desktop/FLV_icon___QuickTime_X_by_medamayaki.png

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]