FORUMS: list search recent posts

Broadcasting the same video on TV channels

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mariangela Ochoa
Broadcasting the same video on TV channels
on May 16, 2016 at 9:44:46 am

Hello

I'm working in an installation that is going to be presented in an exhibition. Basically, I need to put a tv in the middle of the gallery and the viewers have to have the possibility to sit in front of the TV, take the remote control and change the channels. The thing is tough, that the same video needs to be broadcasted in every channel. So, when the viewers take the remote control and change the TV channels, they have to see the same video in every channel. The channels need to be the classic 1, 2, 3 channels, and not the source of the TV (PC, HDMI, etc). The video is made by the artist so is not a TV broadcast, is a .MOV or .AVI file (with possibility of changing the format if needed).

Is it possible to do this? I appreciate the help!

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Chuck Reti
Re: Broadcasting the same video on TV channels
on May 17, 2016 at 3:44:16 pm

What is the reason for viewers changing the channels, if exactly the same content is on every channel?
You would need to take video out of the computer, and (assuming you're in the USA), convert to NTSC, Standard Definition not HD, and then into RF modulators for each and every channel, 2 through 13 VHF, and presumably each UHF channel as well, 14-51 (again, assuming you're in the US).
You would essentially have to be equipped like an analog-era cable or closed-circuit TV head end. If the material is high-definition, a similar but more complicated process.
A closed-circuit TV systems integrator might be able to set you up, but very likely an expensive proposition.

Return to posts index

Mariangela Ochoa
Re: Broadcasting the same video on TV channels
on May 18, 2016 at 8:54:08 am

Hey Chuck, thank you very much for your quick answer!

Actually your question is quite accurate... but, as this is an installation in an art exhibition, the viewers will find a remote control in front of the TV set and they need to have the possibility to change the channels. That's the only reason why the channels need to have the same video.
The exhibition is going to take place in Milan, Italy, not in the US. Does this changes things a lot?
The other thing is that the video is in HD, so we'll be using a 16:9 TV set. Could you kindly explain me how the process would be? Maybe this is too much to ask... but can I ask you to maybe send me a sketch or a diagram of the whole circuit? Drawn by hand, not a big deal. I think it would be easier for us to understand how to do it.

Again, thank you so much!

Mariangela O.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]