FORUMS: list search recent posts

Broadcast Title Safe - 4x3 or 16x9?

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Josh Steiner
Broadcast Title Safe - 4x3 or 16x9?
on Apr 20, 2016 at 3:41:15 pm

For those who edit for broadcast, are you complying with title safe using 4x3 standards, or 16x9? I do political commercials, and it's getting more and more annoying to keep everything in the 4x3 title safe. I'm wondering if it makes sense to keep anything legal (disclaimers, citations, etc) at 4x3 title safe, but have everything else at 16x9. Anyone have any thoughts?

Return to posts index

James Hauge
Re: Broadcast Title Safe - 4x3 or 16x9?
on Apr 21, 2016 at 8:18:35 am

I don't know about other's perspectives, but for important things I tend to make two versions of the program... I will make both 4x3 and 16x9...

Depending on what you're doing it for, sometimes I just do one or the other...

Right now, I'm working more on engineering for a new tv network that's being built and acording to the way they want to do things I keep everything in the 4x3 safe areas for now...

It might be worth it for you to discus it with your clients for each project to see how they want it... Maybe have a sample of a 16x9 thing using the 4x3 safe area where it doesn't look great to show them how it's not great... might even be able to charge more to do it for both that way too since you'd be making it one way, then changing it around to be safe in the other way too and then they have two videos to broadcast depending on the medium it's going to be in...

Just my thoughts...

--James

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]