FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sending HD Component or HDMI over long distance

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Zach Legleiter
Sending HD Component or HDMI over long distance
on Mar 19, 2016 at 11:15:22 pm

Hey everyone,

I am working on a streaming set-up for a baseball field. We are using a Sony HVR-V1U camera in Left-Center field, and a Sony PDW-F700 on the roof of the press-box.

The Camera in Left-Center field will be a static locked off (un-manned) shot of the pitcher/batter.

Both cameras need to be ran back to the press box behind the plate. We are using a BMD ATEM switcher. Obviously the F700 on the roof of the press-box has HDSDI out which we will run back to the switcher with no problems.

But I need a solution to run (component or HDMI) 1080i from our Sony HVR-V1U camera in Left-Center back to the press box (aprox. 425 feet).

The obvious choice would be fiber, but that seems quite expensive. Has anyone had any experience with HD over Cat5?

I found this: http://muxlab.com/products/category/component-video/videoease-active-compon...

It claims to be able to send HD component up to 500 feet over Cat5. If this works we would take a BMD mini converter and convert the component to SDI. Would this work?

All of this is being set-up for internet live streaming. We want HD, but quality isn't a major deal, were not talking about anything in 3G 1080p here...

Any suggestions, Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Mike Thomson
Re: Sending HD Component or HDMI over long distance
on Apr 24, 2016 at 5:12:22 am
Last Edited By Mike Thomson on May 27, 2016 at 6:05:41 pm

Take look on QuestTel 3G/HD/SD-SDI over fiber products, works grate and cost only $340 for TX/RX kit.
It comes with many flavors 1,2 and 4 Channel SDI over single fiber, and they also can mix with Ethernet or RS data or external analog CVBS video and analog Audio SDI Over Fiber

In addition the have HDMI overer fiber it allows you to transport HDMI 4KX2K - 25/30Hz signal up to 20km from the source device to destination display using SC connectors. HDMI Over Fiber

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]