FORUMS: list search recent posts

Broadcasting safe back

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Maruschka de Bruyn
Broadcasting safe back
on Feb 16, 2016 at 9:42:38 am

Good day

I have a problem. I am not sure whether this should be posted under broadcasting or editing.

I recently made a music video

and it looks great on my mac screen and on cellphones etc, but I have to release it for television broadcasting and when I check the video on a television I have problems with the black. In some place I masked out pieces of truss or objects that We could not avoid in filming. I also scaled a shot or two as I did not have enough dolly room whilst filming to obtain the initial shot that I wanted.

When watching the video on a television the masked areas and the areas outside of my frame when scaled appear to be different black from my video itself. so i end up with blotchy pieces where masks are and a frame around the shot where I have changed the size of my shot.

I have tried adding an underlying layer that is black and even saving image files from the specific shot and editing them in photoshop and using them as an under layer with the hopes that it will blend. but this didn't help.

Does anyone know how could fix this? I am working in FCPX but I have adobe pp as well

Return to posts index

Tom Matthies
Re: Broadcasting safe back
on Mar 15, 2016 at 8:57:54 pm

Since it looks like you have a lot of black in your video, this might be worth a try.
Add a Luma Key filter to the clips with the uneven black levels. Make sure that those clips are over a blank track. Adjust the sliders until the offending black just drops out without affecting the rest of the picture too much. With a bit of luck, you may be able to flatten out the black portions of your clips where you patched the backgrounds.

Not my monkeys. Not my circus.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]