FORUMS: list search recent posts

did NOT know where to post this

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Charles Ferran
did NOT know where to post this
on Feb 2, 2016 at 12:33:34 am

So, sorry if this is the wrong place. I'm a Graphics guy at a TV station, my boss keeps bringing up the fact that he wants to do 'those 3D reenactments you always see on the big networks'

Like when a plane goes down and theirs a 3D rendering of how the plane veered off course or whatever.

Each time he asks about it I just laugh it off, I'm just one guy, doing all the daily graphics, and I imagine this would just be insane. Is there some software the 'big' studios use for this? I would think it'd just be Cinema 4D or 3D Studio Max but, things need to be so exact for those things, exact model plane for example.

Boss came up to me today and wanted me to create a 3D rendering of how a tsunami is created by showing waves created by vibrations in the earth and flying down through the ocean to show cracks and whatever(this is all with a 6 hour turnaround with my normal days work piled on top of course). I'm just like 'dude, I use After Effects' I mean, wouldn't something like that need to be created by like a whole TEAM of people? with someone on staff who knows a thing or two about tsunami's? Is my boss asking for waaaay too much? or do I suck?

Charles Ferran
845-699-5270
http://www.charlesferran.com

"Far better is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with the poor spirits who neither enjoy much, nor suffer much because they live in a gray twilight that knows no victory or defeat."

Return to posts index

Mark Spano
Re: did NOT know where to post this
on Feb 3, 2016 at 10:34:40 pm

I don't know. But I think you're right - he's crazy.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]