FORUMS: list search recent posts

Broadcast Aggregator or Distributor

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Hall
Broadcast Aggregator or Distributor
on Jan 28, 2016 at 9:31:39 pm

The company I work for has several movies. We are signing up with an aggregator to get them on to iTunes, Netflix, etc.

Does anyone know if there is a similar service for getting the films to broadcasters worldwide? Someone who will convert the films to whatever the various formats a broadcast station requires?

Thanks,

Mike

Return to posts index

Mark Spano
Re: Broadcast Aggregator or Distributor
on Feb 3, 2016 at 10:40:00 pm

It's an interesting idea. I don't think a service like this exists, primarily because it's a lot of work wrangling everything that broadcasters want, and every one is different. What they will require, and all of the different variations of things, there are so many variables. I've been tasked to do this for various films that pass through my facility, and we basically do them as one-offs for each request. If you get a hold of specs for a few networks, you'll see what I mean. You might want to get in good with a trustworthy post house and strike up a deal for them to handle all of your conversion and material delivery requests, but I doubt anyone would do this as a flat rate or project rate. The requests are usually pretty unique and therefore billed individually.

Return to posts index

Khu Suh
Re: Broadcast Aggregator or Distributor
on Mar 31, 2016 at 3:15:02 pm

You can try Rhozet or other Telestream products. Usually they have presets for different VOD platforms.

Khu Suh
Caption Easy
Closed captioning | Audio Description
http://www.captioneasy.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]