FORUMS: list search recent posts

UVW-1400 Beta SP deck - tracking adjustment question

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Stembridge
UVW-1400 Beta SP deck - tracking adjustment question
on Nov 5, 2015 at 2:08:31 pm

I have a deck I'm using to digitize some of my older news tapes. Had a bit of a tracking issue seen here:

There's a switch on the SS-61 board for adjusting (SS-53 on the UVW-1800) that allows adjustments of tracking. The service manual says to push reset (NO) button the after after adjusting tracking and the video tracking is reset to the tracking center position.

Seems to reset though after powering down.

Any clues on locking in the adjustment I made? I was able to completely clean up the image through a minor adjustment. Would like to lock in that adjustment.

Not a lot of areas to find people familiar with these, It's very similar to the UVW-1800.

-another fine day at
GreenPeas Productions
http://www.greenpeas.us
<")))))><

Return to posts index

David Stringer
Re: UVW-1400 Beta SP deck - tracking adjustment question
on Nov 28, 2015 at 1:30:22 am

It looks like maybe tape-path out of wack. Since the machine is older, I would guess the exit guide is a little low. When no one was looking, I would use the graphite tip of a pencil to lift the tape a tiny bit higher on the guide and see if that fixed the problem. It sounds like you have a service manual, and the tape path adjustment procedure should be in it. Since you're not doing new recordings, there is no real shame in using any one of your tapes as the "alignment tape". You should use a scope and do it right, but if moving the guide a bit fixes the problem, no one needs to know...

David

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]