FORUMS: list search recent posts

Tricaster 410 as Genlock Reference

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
João Santos
Tricaster 410 as Genlock Reference
on Jul 27, 2015 at 1:28:32 pm
Last Edited By João Santos on Jul 27, 2015 at 2:12:10 pm

I work in a small studio at a school. We have everything genlocked by a Courtyard CY430. We have bought a Tricaster 410 (we can't afford the 460) to replace an old sony DFS-700. We also have a Softron Recorder and Playout that is genlocked too. All studio is working in HD now except the cameras and old DVCAM, BETACAM and DVD. So far so good.

The problem is that the Tricaster 410 don't have genlock input and the PGM return of the cameras come out off sync.
We have a BM SDI to analogue converter for PGM and PVM that i use in old monitors and camera returns in composite video

So i have take the PGM Composite signal to Courtyard CY430 on reference input and have put a 75 ohm terminator on the loop out. And i have put the Courtyard in external Genlock -3 (the unit have -1, -2 and -3) i don't what that numbers mean.

But now the cameras return are in sync. This a correct way to do it?

Thanks for the help :)

----
Best Regards
João Santos
Portugal

Return to posts index

Tom Matthies
Re: Tricaster 410 as Genlock Reference
on Jul 27, 2015 at 2:01:35 pm

What kind of cameras are you using and what format (Composite, SDI??) are you sending to the TriCaster? It looks like the 410 will accept only SDI for camera inputs and should have built-in frame synchronizers for each input channel. If this is the case, you should not need to genlock your cameras for them to work correctly.

A little more information on your setup??

Not my monkeys. Not my circus.

Return to posts index

João Santos
on Jul 27, 2015 at 2:22:16 pm
Last Edited By João Santos on Jul 27, 2015 at 2:26:04 pm

Hi,

All the cameras are SD 16:9 Sony DXC-D35WSP with CCU-M5 CCU in Component Video that are converted to SDI by Blackmagic Analogue to SDI.

Them the 4 SDI go to inputs of Tricaster.

The cameras have the reference from CY430.

The problem is if i remove the reference from the CCU i don't have return at all.

----
Best Regards
João Santos
Portugal

Return to posts index

Tom Matthies
on Jul 27, 2015 at 3:10:58 pm

In the Setup menu for the video inputs (Input Settings Tab), make sure that the blue "Frame Sync" radio button is activated if it is available on the 410 model. This should provide conversion for non genlocked input signals at the expense of an additional frame of delay as the video goes through the Tricaster.

Return to posts index

João Santos
on Jul 27, 2015 at 3:17:58 pm

HI,

In 410 Advanced i don't have that option, in the input settings tab.

Thanks

----
Best Regards
João Santos
Portugal

Return to posts index

Tom Matthies
on Jul 31, 2015 at 1:45:01 pm

Hmmm. Not sure then. I would assume the 410 has the ability to frame sync the incoming SDI video inputs, but maybe it doesn't. Did you try contacting Newtek?

Return to posts index

Tom Matthies
on Jul 31, 2015 at 1:47:09 pm

From the Newtek info on the 410 Tricaster:

TriCaster 410 provides SDI connectivity to keep your productions professional, and standardized to your predictable infrastructure and workflow. Input up to four cameras—color correct, key, crop, scale, and frame sync them too—with varying SD and HD resolutions and formats. SDI output connections can send your program out (and an auxiliary output too) to multiple destinations and displays—even send the program to another TriCaster over the network with a network output.

It should do this??

Return to posts index

João Santos
on Jul 31, 2015 at 6:56:33 pm

The tricaster frame sync The incoming SDI signal. the problem is that The cameras that i have don't Run without a reference. The Composite signal that i take from sdi to analogue converter works as a reference for my spg and The cameras and returns are all sync. I don't know if is right to do this. Use a composite signal has a reference.

----
Best Regards
João Santos
Portugal

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]