FORUMS: list search recent posts

progressive segmented frames and interlaced recorders

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
steve waschka
progressive segmented frames and interlaced recorders
on Feb 15, 2015 at 6:09:34 am

I have footage I have captured on an sdx-900 at "30p". I would like to be able to master it on the same tape format I will be mastering all my betacam sp [probably digital betacam]. The sdx-900 outputs 30p [or its actually psf I believe] via the sdi output. I thought the point of psf was to be able to run it through interlaced gear and have it "relace" back as psf. However when I record the 30p on my bvw-75, it plays back an interlaced image with definite shifts in what was recorded. ie a ball in motion will show up as interlaced and in two places.

The camera is connected sdi out to an AJA sdi-component converter then to component in on the deck. The camera is connected to the bvw-75 via monitor out to ref video in. And a jumper is put on the bvw 75 diagonally and and its set to ext and 75ohm. I do not have a bnc to xlr timecode cable so that is not connected. Is that what I am missing? Or is what I am trying to do not possible? Or can I not use a converter in the chain?

I was actually hoping to use a dvcpro50 deck for the camera tapes and a digital beta to master. I have a teranex. But I dont like to deinterlace if I dont have to... keeping the image as sharp as possible. But if this "test" setup wont work. I don't think the other decks will either.

Return to posts index

steve waschka
Re: progressive segmented frames and interlaced recorders
on Feb 15, 2015 at 4:49:09 pm

nevermind. fixed it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]