FORUMS: list search recent posts

Editing broadcast shows

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jake Cauty
Editing broadcast shows
on Nov 14, 2014 at 4:15:38 pm

Hi all,

I'm about to online a 30 minute program for broadcast. 26min of content with one ad break. How much time should be set aside for the full online process?

So an offline editor has rough cut it all, roughly to length. I'm in to audio mix, colour correct, graphics etc and then play out the program.

Any thoughts on how much time I should set aside to do this process would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Jake Cauty
Re: Editing broadcast shows
on Nov 15, 2014 at 8:10:01 pm

Worth mentioning that there's only a guide voice in it at the moment too

Return to posts index

Tom Matthies
on Dec 8, 2014 at 4:22:10 pm

It's kind of like asking how much is it going to be to build a house. It all depends on the complexity of the show. Many effects? Lots of color correction? Audio sweetening and so on. It also depends on your skill level as an editor. There's really no answer to this question without knowing more about the program.

Not my monkeys. Not my circus.

Return to posts index

Neil Ryan
on Dec 9, 2014 at 3:36:12 am

[Jake Cauty] "program for broadcast." and "I'm in to audio mix, colour correct, graphics etc"

With respect, I've never worked with nor met anyone who can sound mix to broadcast standard and colour grade to broadcast standard. That's normally two different people. Perhaps you are a rare talent - and I will accept that, if you are.
My point being, it's for broadcast and there are standards to be met, or your program will be rejected. You are comfortable with the challenge ahead of you?
Neil.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]