FORUMS: list search recent posts

Echolab OvertureMD Troubleshooting/Advice

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Philip Wels
Echolab OvertureMD Troubleshooting/Advice
on Oct 8, 2014 at 5:53:26 pm

Hi, we have a small production trailer which runs off an Echolab, OvertureMD and Overture 2 switcher. I believe they were purchased just before the buyout by Black Magic.

The system works okay, but we are having some issues with it and finding support/advice/help is a pain.

I'm looking for advice on one of these three issues:

1. Transitions are not firing. The RS232 serial cable is connected to a 360 Media Server and a few weeks got it stopped firing the transitions when switching. We had the cable looked at by the local company which made it for us, and they claim it checks out. I'm not confident they know what they are talking about, but we also can't find any of the documentation that lists the pinout for the cable. (Actually, I think we found three different ones, and are not sure which one is right.)

Do we just need to get a new cable or are there other things that might be wrong? (My coworker is telling me that we can't even fire the transitions from the 360 player, and I'm not very familiar with either system.

2. The DVE capabilities do not work with the switcher. Can't do any sort of picture in picture. I'm assuming this is a fault/problem with one of the boards, from my research I get the impression that this isn't something we can fix. Am I missing something?

3. Just this week we starting having an issue with macro 7 on the switcher. The feed comes into the truck, and we can see it on the multi-viewer, but if we send it to macro 7, we can't push it to preview or program. Macro 7 only gives us a black screen on both program and preview. Is this a problem with the hardware?

I apologize if my questions are not clear. I do not understand these systems as well as I would perhaps like to. I don't work as closely with the trailer but I'm part of the tech support who helps fix stuff when things go wrong.

We don't really have the budget to upgrade, but if we had to replace our system, should we stick with Black Magic and Atem? Or would it be worth pursuing a system from ROSS, since we have a ROSS Expression for our graphics machine?

Thanks much.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]