FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video output noise

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jon Conway
Video output noise
on Aug 19, 2014 at 7:19:14 pm

Hi All,

I've got a live event space with five Panasonic AW-HE120 robotic cameras and each camera is showing quite a bit of image noise. By that I mean I'm seeing snowy, gainy like image output from each camera. (Gain is set at zero for all cameras) In addition to that, when focusing the cameras on a wall or a similarly flat surface, I'm seeing horizontal scrolling lines on the camera outputs.

This issue is consistent whether going HDMI straight out of the camera to a monitor as well as when going I go through my SDI switcher. Thinking it might be a power issue, I powered one of the cameras through a power conditioner and even then I still have image noise.

Have you all ever experienced something similar? Any suggestions on what I can try to do to rectify this annoying situation?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Chuck Reti
Re: Video output noise
on Aug 21, 2014 at 4:38:37 am

The noise and horizontal lines suggest RF (Radio Frequency) interference somewhere in the signal path. Is your gear anywhere near to transmitters- broadcast radio, TV, two-way, Wi-Fi, cell relays etc.? Just a thought.

Return to posts index

Jon Conway
Re: Video output noise
on Sep 10, 2014 at 2:22:41 pm

Hi Chuck,

Thank you for your response,

Turns out the issue had to do with the synchro scan settings on my cameras. My lighting is more theatrical than TV and it looks like that caused the refresh rate issue. Adjusting my synchro scan for all cameras solved the problem.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]