on Apr 20, 2014 at 10:23:10 pm Last Edited By Mark Batisah on Apr 20, 2014 at 10:31:00 pm
Hello all, a plethora of (probably) novice questions ... I work in PR for a non-profit. When we release B-Roll occasionally, we usually hire a professional cameraman and sound tech to shoot it. However, I have an event coming up next month that geography precludes hiring someone and I'll need to take some very basic footage myself on a prosumer camera (for distribution to U.S. television).
My questions --
1. Ideally, what resolution should I shoot in? 1080P? 720/60? 720/30?
2. Ideally, what format should I shoot in? MP4?
3. I use Sony Vegas ... what Template should I select for editing? Would this be a good selection?
4. What rendering settings should I use and what is a preferred format for the file? (I'm guessing like MPEG?)
5. Should I do any color correction or just provide it "as is"?
I know many of these questions are probably novice, but many thanks in advance for your patience and any help or input that can be offered.