FORUMS: list search recent posts

Fujinon A15X8EVM-28 lens with tight zoom ring

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mitchell Torres
Fujinon A15X8EVM-28 lens with tight zoom ring
on Apr 20, 2014 at 9:19:58 pm

Hello,

I recently purchased a Panasonic SPX800 and a Fujinon A15X8EVM-28 lens. The person that I bought it from online said that it had a tight move zoom ring and that it would need some adjustment.

When it is completely zoomed out, the servo can move the lens to zoom in but it gets stuck when I try to zoom out. It just cant turn the zoom ring because it is too hard to move it.

Is this an issue that I can fix myself or should I take it into a professional lens repair shop? What type of repair would loosen up this lens and get it so it would move without any internal friction or resistance?

Thanks,

Return to posts index

Tom Matthies
Re: Fujinon A15X8EVM-28 lens with tight zoom ring
on May 22, 2014 at 2:24:59 pm

When you disengage the zoom clutch under the lens, does it move freely? If so, there is a misalignment between the servo box and the lens or a problem with the servo/gear train itself. If it's still difficult to zoom the lens with the clutch released, the problem is with the lens barrel itself. There's probably not a lot you can do to repair it yourself. A trip to a qualified lens repair place is probably in order.

E=MC2+/-2db

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]